Resources for Scholar Leads
As a Scholar Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Opportunity Scholars on a range of issues. Your Scholar group may have questions on everything from academics, to health/wellness, time management and more. Below you’ll find a range of resources to help you address their needs.
Don’t forget to refer to your Scholar Lead Playbook for all questions and information related to WSOS. Check out the online version of the Playbook here.
This page is designed for our Scholar Leads who have been granted access to the links below. If you are not a Scholar Lead, you will be unable to follow the links below.
Scholar Lead Resources
These resources will help you to be successful when planning meetings and engagement opportunities with your Scholars.
- Scholar Lead LinkedIn and email signature
- The Scholar Engagement Report is the platform through which Scholar Leads record their interactions with those in their Scholar group. Entries can be made individually or for the Scholar group, allowing Leads to complete their required deliverables due on 9/1, 12/1, and 5/1.
- Sample agenda meeting with Scholar group
- Sample agenda meeting with Scholar
- Self Advocacy & Building Relationships with Faculty and Staff
- Cross-Cultural Mentoring: A Pathway to Making Excellence Inclusive
- Scholar Lead Script (email)
- Scholar Lead Script (phone)
- Scholar Leads 1099 FAQ
Resources for Academic Success
When a Scholar comes to you looking for advice on managing their studies and finding success in the classroom, check the resources below to see if any of this information can help guide your advice and conversation.
- Academic Improvement Plan: Time Management
- The Study Cycle
- 5-day Test Prep
- 91 Wellness Tips for College Students
Additional resources you might find helpful can be found here.