Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) Application Toolkit
The Application Toolkit is designed to help applicants verify their eligibility and successfully submit a complete application by the deadline. The links below include everything an applicant will need to complete and submit a Career and Technical Scholarship.
In the pilot year of our new Career and Technical Scholarship, we are asking partners and stakeholders around the state to help us ensure we support trade, health care and STEM programs that reflect local workforce needs.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to recommend an associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship program to add to the list. WSOS will consider adding programs that can be verified as high-demand through data and other evidence.
The Career and Technical Scholarship is open three times a year. The application for fall 2019 is open from May 20 to July 12.
- Scholarship Timeline: Key application milestones and deadlines.
- Eligible Programs: Applicants must be enrolled in an eligible program prior to the first disbursement of scholarship funds to receive funding.
- Eligible Colleges: Applicants must be enrolled in an eligible program at one of the state’s 34 Washington state community and technical colleges.
- Median Family Income: Eligible applicants’ family income cannot exceed 125% of the Washington state median family income.
- Sample Essay: Review the essay question, sample essay and guiding points to prepare for the essay requirement in the application.
For your application to be considered eligible, you must complete the following steps by the application deadline:
- Complete all sections of the application via the Scholarship Application Portal and click “Submit.”
- Submit the FAFSA or WASFA.
- If applicable, mail a copy of your unofficial transcript or GED scores to WSOS: 1414 31st Ave S., Suite 302, Seattle, WA 98144. Not sure if this applies to you? Review the Transcript Requirement Chart.