Standards of Professional Conduct for Washington State Opportunity Scholars
When you participate in a professional opportunity through the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) you are representing not just yourself, but the organization and your fellow Scholars, both current and future. Professional opportunities include networking events, Industry Explorations, Skills That Shine Mentorship, internships and/or employment.
It is important these experiences are positive for you as well as the employer or professional providing the opportunity. To accomplish this we ask that you:
1. Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Arrive on-time and prepared to participate in professional opportunities.
• Use appropriate written and oral communication in all interactions.
• Demonstrate respect, cooperation, integrity, courtesy, and a willingness to learn.
• Follow through on commitments.
• Dress appropriately for the setting.
• Seek to improve your professional skills by requesting and accepting constructive feedback.
• Do not engage in disruptive behaviors such as conducting personal business or using inappropriate language.
2. When applicable, familiarize yourself with and adhere to the expectations and policies of the workplace or as required by the employer and/or WSOS.
3. Notify WSOS immediately if you can no longer participate in a professional opportunity, or need assistance to resolve a problem related to your participation.
I understand and agree with the professional standards for Washington State Opportunity Scholars as stated above. I understand that it is a privilege to participate in these professional opportunities and failing to comply with this the WSOS Standards of Professional Conduct may limit or prohibit your participation in programming.