Eligibility for $5,000
If you are a current scholarship recipient, you can apply to increase your scholarship from $2,500 to $5,000 when you have met both of the following criteria:
- You have earned at least 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits; and
- You have been accepted into an eligible high-demand major (by alphabet; by category) at an approved four year college/university.
Eligibility for $7,500
If you continue in an eligible high-demand major, you can apply to increase your scholarship to $7,500 if/when:
- You have earned at least 135 quarter credits or 90 semester credits; and
- You are continuing to pursue an eligible high-demand major (by alphabet; by category) at an approved four year college/university.
Timeline for Requesting an Increase
There is no specific deadline to apply for a scholarship increase. It is in your best interest to submit your documents as soon as possible after being accepted into your major and your transcript reflects the appropriate number of credits.
Your scholarship will be increased once we receive the documents. If you become eligible for the next level of funding before fall term, as long as you send in the documents by the end of fall, we'll be able to increase your scholarship starting fall. Your award will be increased starting the term after you have completed the required number of credits.
How to Request an Increase to $5,000
(We have also created a convenient checklist outlining these steps.)
- Submit an official college or university transcript that verifies you have completed the required number of credits, (at least 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits) at a four year college/university. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- If you are transferring, please submit an official copy of your transcript from the college you are transferring from and an official transcript from the college to which you will be transferring. The college to which you are transferring must show the total number of credits accepted. This should be at least 90 quarter or 60 semester credits.
- Submit a letter, on letterhead, from your college or university registrar or the department from which you will receive your degree. The letter must follow this format, and must state:
- The major you are accepted into (not declared*)
- The date you were accepted
- The major CIP code ("CIP” stands for Classification of Instructional Program. Each major has a CIP code and that code defines the major and field of study. Your college official should request the CIP code from your college or university’s registrar’s office).
*Please note: We do not accept documents stating that you have declared a major. If your college or university does not have a formal acceptance process for your major, the documentation you submit must state that you have been admitted into and are on track to graduate with an eligible high-demand major.
Mail all documents to:
College Success Foundation
Attention: WSOS Increase
1605 NW Sammamish Road, Suite 200
Issaquah, WA 98027-5388
How to Request an Increase to $7,500
If you have already been approved to receive a scholarship increase based on your submitted major verification letter, please submit a current official transcript that shows the number of credits you have completed (this should be 135 quarter or 90 semester credits). Once your transcript has been approved, your scholarship will be increased to the $7,500 level. Mail your official transcript to the address above.
If you have not received a scholarship increase yet, please complete the instructions above to request an increase to $5,000. If your transcript shows that you have completed 135 quarter credits or 90 semester credits, we will notify you of the increase to your award amount.
If you submit documents for the increase between June and August, we will send you an email in August confirming your scholarship renewal AND your scholarship increase. At that time, we’ll tell you how much funding you’ll be receiving each quarter or semester for the coming academic year (see Payment Information).
If you submit documents after your renewal has been confirmed, you will be notified via email whether or not you have been approved for the increase within two weeks of receipt of the documents. If approved, you will also be notified how much you'll be receiving each term.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding this process.