If you are a current scholarship recipient, you can apply to have your scholarship increased from $1,000 to $5,000 when you have met the following criteria:
- You have earned enough credits to reach junior class standing, (at least 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits)
- You have been accepted into an eligible high-demand major (by alphabet; by category) at a four year college/university.
To request an increase to $5,000 please complete the steps below to apply for a scholarship increase. We have also created a convenient checklist outlining these steps.
- Submit an official college or university transcript that verifies you have completed the required number of credits, (at least 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits). Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
• If you are transferring, please submit an official copy of your transcript from the college you are transferring from and an official transcript from the college to which you will be transferring. The college to which you are transferring must show the total number of credits accepted. This should be at least 90 quarter or 60 semester credits.
- Submit a letter, on letterhead, from your college or university registrar or the department from which you will receive your degree. The letter must follow this format, and must state:
• The major you are accepted into (not declared*)
• The date you were accepted
• The major CIP code ("CIP” stands for Classification of Instructional Program. Each major has a CIP code and that code defines the major and field of study. Your college official should request the CIP code from your college or university’s registrar’s office).
*Please note: We do not accept documents stating that you have declared a major. If your college or university does not have a formal acceptance process for your major, the documentation you submit must state that you have been admitted into and are on track to graduate with an eligible high-demand major.
Mail all documents to:
College Success Foundation
Attention: WSOS Increase
1605 NW Sammamish Road, Suite 200
Issaquah, WA 98027-5388
- You will be notified via email whether or not you have been approved for the increase to $5,000 within two weeks of receipt of the documents. If approved, you will also be notified which term you will first receive the increased amount.
If you are approved to receive $5,000:
- If you are eligible for the increased scholarship amount of $5,000 those funds will be divided equally over the number of terms of enrollment at your college or university provided you are enrolled full-time (ex, $1,666/quarter or $2,500/semester). see additional Payment Information.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding this process.